5.14.2012

Surprise!

A couple weeks ago D. showed up from work with these:


My pictures don't do them justice, but they were gorgeous!  He asked if I wanted to go to dinner with him, and of course I said yes! 

We went to this delicious restaraunt called the Euro Bistro and it was so good.  Best.  Food.  Ever.
Plus, the presentation was beautiful.  It really was like artwork on your plate.  Here's our dessert:


And yes, it did taste as good as it looks.

To add to the ambience of the place, they even had a lady dressed in German garb playing the accordian.  It was amazing.  She even came over to our table and played and sang "Zee Eensy Veensy Spider" for Little Man.  He was mesmorized.  She went to each table individually and played something for them.  It was both a little awkward and a lot of fun all at the same time.  Here is a video we "secretly" took while she was playing for another table:


So, there I was thinking that D. just wanted to have some nice German food (because he LOVES everything German...well, almost everything) and in the middle of dinner he said he had snuck a surprise into my purse.  Sneaky, sneaky.

It was a Milka chocolate bar and I should have been suspicious when I saw that it was conveniently in a resealable packaging, but I was oblivious still to what was about to happen.


Am I the only one that wants to sing the "I've got a Golden Ticket!" song from Willie Wonka right about now? 


That's right, folks.  D. got accepted to do a month of German language training IN Germany and we get to go with him!  Munich, here we come!  We'll be heading out later this summer and I'm SO excited! 


My next task: Hit up Pinterest for ideas on how to keep a 2 year old busy on an 8 hour plane ride...




1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! Herzlichen Glückwunsch und eine tolle Zeit haben! (www.translate.google.com is a powerful thing. ;) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete