1.28.2013

Quick and Easy Apple Pie Bites

I love apples.  I love pie.  I don't like waiting for a pie to bake.  These are a perfect solution.

The best part?  They only have 4 ingredients (5 if you count the cinnamon and sugar as separate).  Easy Peasy.

My hubby needed a treat to take to a work breakfast so I made a double batch here and they were a hit!  We've made them 2 more times since then for an easy dessert with friends and we put a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce.  To. Die. For.

Okay, ready?

Make sure you have some cinnamon sugar ready to go.  I like to make a lot and then put it back into an empty cinnamon bottle so I can have it on hand when I need it.  You'll also need about 1 T. of butter, melted too.


Cut your apple into 8 pieces.  My apple cutter does just that, and plus it makes them look like a flower.  Win, win.  I peeled my apples too after I cut them, because I wasn't sure how the peels would cook in this situation.  


Last but not least, crescent dough.  Yep.  Super easy.  Roll out each of the crescent rolls, brush with butter, sprinkle cinnamon, roll up the apple.  You'll be praised for your culinary masterpiece and nobody needs to know how easy it was.


You just bake them as directed on the package of the crescent rolls.  Doesn't get easier than that.  I was worried about the apples not being done in such a short time, but they were delicious and perfectly soft, but still with a little bit of crunch.


 Enjoy!


RECIPE:
 Makes 8 Apple Pie Bites (you'll want 2 so this is perfect for two couples)

  • 1 package of refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 Apple, cut into 8 pieces and peeled
  • Cinnamon Sugar
  • 1 T. butter, melted
  1. Preheat oven to temperature on crescent roll package (mine was 350).
  2. Unroll crescent dough and separate each roll.  Brush each individual roll with butter and then sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
  3. Place apple slice at the big end of the roll and roll up like you would if you were just making crescent rolls.  Repeat for the remaining rolls.
  4. Brush the top of the rolls with the remaining butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
  5. Bake as directed on the crescent package or until the rolls are golden brown.
  6. Enjoy warm (or cold, but they probably won't last that long!).


No comments:

Post a Comment