2.07.2013

Newspaper Ad Craft

Sometimes I need new ideas to keep my 2-year-old busy.  Preferably something that he can be strapped in his high chair for.  Contained and distracted  = a beautiful combo.



Little Man recently discovered his love for glue sticks.  He asks me if he can "glue sumping" all the time.


So, when I needed him to play so I could finish my Etsy order for 55 (no, that's not a typo) crayon/colored pencil rolls, I turned to the recycle bin for inspiration.



And ad for a "StOre-wide Winter FurNiture Sale" with snowflakes all over it caught my eye.  I cut out the letters to spell "snow" and then cut out all the snowflakes.  Took about 1 minute.  Gave him a piece of paper, glue stick and the snowflakes and he was in heaven.


 I helped with the letters, but the rest was all him.  Not bad for a 2-year-old, huh?


What ads do you have in your newspaper that would make a fun art project for the kiddos?

No comments:

Post a Comment